Re: Powder CIF Proposals

  • Subject: Re: Powder CIF Proposals
  • From: "ROBIN SHIRLEY (USER)" <R.Shirley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:29:43 +0100 (BST)

Further to my posting of Fri, 20 Oct 2000 13:48:08 GMT:

> But in response to people's feedback this became elaborated into a
> sequence of three separate items (which could be looped if
> necessary):
>
>   M (the numerical value)
>
>   FOM (the generic type, left as quoted text)
>
>   "program", or as I now prefer, "source" (another piece of quoted
>   text, which for example summarises the program version or other
>   source of the specific algorithm used)
>
> e.g.
>
> _pd_index_merit_M          21.7
> _pd_index_merit_FOM        'M20'
> _pd_index_merit_source     'ITO12'

Re-reading this, I realise that the terms _M and _FOM are not very
transparent.  It might be preferable to substitute_value and _type.

Thus the example would become:

 _pd_index_merit_value      21.7
 _pd_index_merit_type       'M20'
 _pd_index_merit_source     'ITO12'