Re: Draft JSON specification for CIF

Dear Marcin,
that's why I suggest retaining CIF value types. CIF parser knows thetype of each value read (here is the difference between ? and '?') and Isuggest storing this bit of information inside JSON explicitly. Analternative would be to use JSON boolean datatype and/or null value, or"\u0001" and "\uFFFF" as suggested by John. I personally recommendagainst using any escaping as this would add another layer of complexity.
Best,Andrius
On 13/04/17 18:13, Marcin Wojdyr wrote:> Bob,>>> - This adds the unnecessary complication of what to do with "." and "?"> I think you imply that . and ? should be expressed in JSON as "." and "?".> But this would be ambiguous: JSON "?" could mean either unknown or string "?".>> Marcin> _______________________________________________> cif-developers mailing list> cif-developers@iucr.org> http://mailman.iucr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cif-developers
-- Andrius MerkysPhD student at Vilnius University Institute of Biotechnology, Saulėtekio al. 7, V325LT-10257 Vilnius, LithuaniaLecturer at Vilnius University Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics, Naugarduko g. 24LT-03225 Vilnius, Lithuania