Re: Draft JSON specification, round 2

Hi Andrius
I agree with all that you wrote apart from this:
> In addition, I believe that CIF validators will need the syntactic> approach as they have to check data types, whether certain data items> can have precisions or be in a loop and so on. However, probably most> CIF validators will analyze data in CIF format, not JSON.
Data types are part of the semantic information and the discussed"lightweight" JSON should be able to check them."loop tags" (that could become LOOP_TAGS or something else)distinguish between loops and CIF2.0 lists.S.u. can easily be preserved without loosing the type information, for example:
CIF:loop_ _x 1.2(3) 4.5(6)JSON:"_x": [1.2, 4.5],"_x SU": [0.03, 0.06],
Is there any other potential type ambiguity?_______________________________________________cif-developers mailing listcif-developers@iucr.orghttp://mailman.iucr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cif-developers