Re: [Cif2-encoding] Splitting of imgCIF and other sub-topics. .. ...

Hi John: you are correct, I indeed meant Unicode, not UTF8, and
certainly would not want to allow control over encoding to be defined
on a per-item basis.

I am working on a response to your most recent proposal, but
considerable research is required.  I'll try not to make it a
blockbuster this time!