Re: [Cif2-encoding] Revised Motion

Hi Herbert - I think you are misinterpreting John.  He is not trying to impose ASCII encoding, he is simply using the term ASCII to refer to Unicode code points less than 127.  The only disagreement that I think you and I could have with his wording is that it does not leave open the possibility of COMCIFS approving encodings other than UTF8 and UTF16 (John is not against adding UTF16).