Membership of pdCIF dictionary management group

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <comcifs-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Membership of pdCIF dictionary management group
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 16:41:48 +0100 (BST)
Dear Colleagues

Brian Toby has nominated Luca Lutterotti of the University of Trento for
membership of the pdDMG. In accordance with our rules of procedure,
membership must be approved by COMCIFS, and I request all voting members to
approve this nomination. Unless a member raises an objection within two
weeks of this date, his or her approval will be presumed; however, I
encourage you to supply active endorsement of DMG members.

 Luca has experience in using CIF for i/o of software that he has written,
and is an advocate for its acceptance as a standard across industrial and
instrumentation applications. He has an active interest in extending the
pd dictionary to cover texture and residual stress measurement. He was
introduced to Brian by Syd Hall who met him at the European Crystallographic
Association in Nancy, France. He is also a subscriber to the
cif-developers discussion list. Luca's CV may be found from his own
home page.

Best wishes
Brian