Re: Fwd: Re: DDLm, dREL, images and NeXus

In Nexus the same item may appear at multiple points in the tree.  In CIF
all uses of the same item need to be gathered together into one table.
In order to handle normalization/denormalization, whatever language
is use has to be able to address an arbitrary file/data_structure, not
just the fairly well-normalized CIF data structures with their neat
table structures.  NeXus (and, for that matter, XML) is tree-structured, rather
than table-structured.