Re: Advice on COMCIFS policy regarding compatibility of CIFsyntaxwith other domains.

Dear Colleagues,

   Brian's points are well taken, and we all, I am certain, would
appreciate hearing "from this wider circle of COMCIFS advisers with
all your experience
of your respective communities."  Peter's comments have been very useful.
Please, if you will, take the time to review the messages in this
thread and to contribute your thoughts on what is important, what is
not, and which way we should go.  You are all stakeholders.  We need to know
your thoughts.  CIF is at a critical juncture.  We would like to get
this right.

You will find the threads of COMCIFS discussion at

     http://www.iucr.org/__data/iucr/lists/comcifs-l/

and the related DDLm group discussion at

     http://www.iucr.org/__data/iucr/lists/ddlm-group/

Please, if you can, take the time.

   Regards,
     Herbert