Re: Restraints CIF dictionary version 1.0 released

Title:
Dear Richard,

As one of the authors of the dictionary I can give you the simple answer: NO, there is no special reason, it is only an oversight on my part.

Perhaps Brian could make the correction (which is strictly of a technical nature) and bring the new dictionary into line with past practice.

Thank you for pointing out the problem.

David Brown

Richard Gildea wrote:
Dear All,

Whilst adding support for the new restraints CIF dictionary in the cctbx, I came across the following peculiarity:

The value of _list_reference for the 'data_restr_U_similar_weight_param' block of the dictionary is given as:

    loop_ _list_reference      '_restr_U_similar_atom_site_label_1'
                                        '_restr_U_similar_atom_site_label_2'

Is there a reason that this is not instead:

    _list_reference      '_restr_U_similar_atom_site_label_'

which would be consistent with every other use of the _list_reference item in both cif_core_restraints.dic and cif_core.dic (to my knowledge)?

Thanks,

Richard