Re: Additional update to core dictionary

Dear Colleagues,

   I have no objection to the proposed tag as defined, but
suggest that the name

_journal_article_doi

might more clearly reflect the intent, especially as we move increasingly
to online publication of articles rather than having our papers on true
and wonderful paper.  I admit to being torn between my desire to save
trees and my love for finding real papers in library stacks, but the
handwriting on the facebook wall is clear -- paper publishing is being
replaced by electronic publishing and, sadly, the term "paper" rather than
"article" is less and less appropriate.  This is just a suggestion.

As for deferring providing a tag for datasets and other supplemental
material, that is probably wise, but it might be sensible to start a
discussion among the IUCr, CSD and the PDB.  The PDB already has an
_entry.pdbx_DOI tag to record the DOI's of their entries, and it would be
good if whatever cross-referencing solution was eventually achieved had as
much commonality between coreCIF and mmCIF as possible.

Regards,
   Herbert