RE: Release of the cif_core_restraints dictionary and superscriptmark up

Thanks for the explanation David, I will send my suggested changes to Brian.

If you will indulge me, then for future reference it would help me to clarify where the CIF standard ends and local convention begins.  My understanding has been that the CIF standard is defined by the documents “File syntax” and “Common semantic features”.  In the latter, in section “CIF conventions for special characters in text” (http://www.iucr.org/resources/cif/spec/version1.1/semantics#specialchars) the ^^ and ~~ markup for superscripts and subscripts are defined.  Is this part of this document a part of the formal 1.1 specification?

Matthew

Reply to: [list | sender only]