COMPCOMM: Background on Software Patents

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <compcomm-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: COMPCOMM: Background on Software Patents
  • From: "Prof. Alessandro F. Gualtieri" <alex@unimo.it>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 07:55:34 +0100 (BST)
Dear all,

First of all, as a new member of the Committee, I would like to say that I
am honored to
be part of the group. Concerning the Software Patents issue, although I
understand and share
the point of view of Lachlan, I must say I fully agree with the opinion
expressed by David.
I also believe that the documents released by the Committee should be
balanced, not polemic,
and should report a complete view of any problem "to rehearse the arguments
fully on both
sides, and to draw conclusions from an unbiased view of the facts" ...just
to mention David's words.

cheers

Alessandro Gualtieri