COMPCOMM: Re: thoughts on computing schools at IUCr 2005

At 12:02 29/10/02 GMT, you wrote:
>I thought it might be worthwhile to get the ball rolling on this; CCP4
>would certainly be interested in being closely involved with a
>macromolecular computing school in Florence; I'd imagine something of the
>order of 1 or 2 days (cf the CCP4 workshops at ACA2002 - 1 day, UC
>Riverside 2003 - 3 or 4 days). I dare say the PHENIX people would also be
>interested in participating - and probably people from other groups as
>well.
>
>Harry

Based on the information from    Andrea Lenco  (Scientific Secretariat for
Florence IUCr 2005) - there would be good facilities for such a school(s).

Plus the vibe was given the organisers would be very keen on co-operating
for such proposals to be successful.

A per a message on the 3rd of September - who can be actioned to
be the head of organising this?  Does Ton need to sound a person out
for this?

Lachlan.

-----------------------
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick

Collaborative Computational Project No 14 (CCP14)
    for Single Crystal and Powder Diffraction
  Birkbeck University of London and Daresbury Synchrotron Laboratory
Postal Address: CCP14 - School of Crystallography,
                Birkbeck College,
                Malet Street, Bloomsbury,
                WC1E 7HX, London,  UK
Tel: (+44) 020 7631 6850   Fax: (+44) 020 7631 6803
E-mail: l.m.d.cranswick@dl.ac.uk   Room: B091
WWW: http://www.ccp14.ac.uk/