Re: Florence program committee

Dear members of the IUCr-CC,

	Based on the messages of David and Lachlan I contacted Dr.
Mealli on our current issues with respect to the Florence Congress.

1 - More computing sessions
2 - The current chairman of the CC volunteering for the program
    commission.>
3 - An inquiry on options for a Computing School close to the Florence
    meeting.

Below are Dr. Mealli's responses.

I think that we need to make our ideas more concrete on the proposed
computing school in order to express our needs and wishes.

Best wishes

Ton

Dear Professor Spek,
I regret that you did not received the original letter just addressed to you
as the Chair of the Commission on Crystallographic Computing. This was sent
more than one month ago but I attach it here again.

In any case, I willing to take into account you suggestion for the SPC and I
will remember your request for having more space in the program of IUCr.

Concerning a satellite meeting (before or after the IUCr of Florence?), I think
it is possible, but I should consult before with my colleagues, as I am abroad
(in Portugal) for this week.
Do you have any idea of the dates and the length of the meeting?
Possibly, a location in the sorrounding of Florence may be more indicated, as
in the middle of August Florence is desert and possibly very hot.
We shall discuss more about this.
Carlo Mealli