Re: Proposals for Florence-2005

I think Lachlan's  list is a good proposal, with a good mixture
of "computing only" topics and topics related to other subjects
(the need of setting up these MS in conjunction with other commissions
should be stressed in our document to Carlo Mealli).
I would also like to suggest to add an other MS dealing with
"Advances in computational methods for  charge density studies".
It is a world that the Computing Commission has rarely contacted.
Finally I am afraid that it will be difficult to arrange both related
MS  5 and 6.
Best wishes
Davide
1. Advances in computational methods for protein crystallography
2. Advances in computational methods for powder diffraction
3. Advances in computational methods for small molecule crystallography
4. Problems and solutions in programming robust CIF into crystallographic
software
5. Computational problems and solutions for quasicrystal crystallography
6. Advances in computational methods incommensurate structures
7. Computational solutions for high-throughput crystallography
7a. Innovations in computing and reporting for service based crystallography
8. Applying non-crystallographic algorithms to crystallography
??? - others?

At 20.48 13/04/2003 +0100, a.l.spek wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>         Prof. Carlo Mealli has sent out and urgent message to provide him
>with suggestions for microsymposia for Florence 2005.
>Please send your suggestions for computing related sessions to this list.
>Hopefully, we can send our collection ito Prof Mealli in the week after
>eastern.
>
>Ton Spek
>Chairman Computing Commission
>
>--
>#===========================================================================
># Prof. Dr. A.L.Spek, Laboratory of Crystal and Structural Chemistry       #
># Bijvoet Center for Biomolecular Research, Utrecht University.            #
># (Kruytgebouw, room N801), Padualaan 8, 3584 CH Utrecht, The Netherlands. #
># E-mail: a.l.spek@chem.uu.nl       http://www.cryst.chem.uu.nl/           #
>#                                   http://www.cryst.chem.uu.nl/platon/    #
>#                                   anonymous ftp: xraysoft.chem.uu.nl     #
># FAX   : (31)-30-2533940           PHONE : (31)-30-2532538/2533/3902/3502 #
>#===========================================================================

Davide Viterbo, Prof.
Dip. di Scienze e Tecnologie Avanzate - Università del
Piemonte Orientale "A. Avogadro" - Corso T. Borsalino 54,
I-15100 Alessandria, Italy.

Voice: +39-131-287414, Fax: +39-131-287416
E-mail: davide.viterbo@mfn.unipmn.it

Member of the Executive Committee of the International
Union of Crystallography (IUCr)

Member of the Executive Committee of the European
Crystallographic Association (ECA)