CompComm: Madrid 2009 computing symposia - Re: Fwd: REMINDER -Suggestions for Microsymposia topics, plenary lecture topics, speakersand session Chairs

  • To: Discussion list of the IUCr Commission on Crystallographic Computing <compcomm@iucr.org>
  • Subject: CompComm: Madrid 2009 computing symposia - Re: Fwd: REMINDER -Suggestions for Microsymposia topics, plenary lecture topics, speakersand session Chairs
  • From: Lachlan Cranswick <lachlanc@magma.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 17:31:00 -0500

To hopefully starts suggestions rolling - following are the suggestions from 2005
and 2008.  Normally the idea is for us to get some priority for them.  Harry then
has to try and rope other commission reps in co-sponsoring ones we are more
interested in.  Then there is a final haggling session in a meeting of
the programming committee in Madrid.

Lachlan

2008 suggestions:

- Decision making and algorithms for automation of Data acquistion

- Decision making and algorithms for automation in Macromolecular Crystallography

- Decision making and algorithms for automation in single crystal and powder diffraction

- New algorithms for macromolecular crystallography

- New algorithms for single crystal and powder diffraction

- Algorithmic developments for solving structures

- Validating structures by use of crystallographic databases

- New algorithms for incommensurate, non-periodic and magnetic crystallography

- Methods and algorithms for linking diffraction with non-diffraction information

- Crystallographic algorithm libraries

2005 suggestions:

1. Advances in computational methods for protein crystallography

2. Advances in computational methods for powder diffraction

3. Advances in computational methods for small molecule crystallography

4. Problems and solutions in programming robust CIF into crystallographic software

5. Computational problems and solutions for quasicrystal crystallography

6. Advances in computational methods incommensurate structures

7. Computational solutions for high-throughput service crystallography

8. Applying non-crystallographic algorithms to crystallography

9. Advances in computational methods for charge density studies

10. New Algorithms for Crystal structure prediction

>I should bring this to your attention - bear in mind I have been told
>separately that the deadline is 20th *January*, not 20th February as
>below, i.e. next Wednesday.
>
>If you have any suggestions, feel free to e-mail them to Enrique
>directly, but if you could CC: them to me, it will help when I attend
>the IPC meeting in May (since I would want to support any suggestions
>coming from this Commission!).

-----------------------
Lachlan M. D. Cranswick
Contact outside working hours /
  Coordonnees en dehors des heures de travail:
NEW E-mail / courriel:  lachlanc *at* magma.ca
Home Tel: (613) 584-4226 ; Cell/mobile: (613) 401-6254
WWW: http://lachlan.bluehaze.com.au/
        P.O. Box 2057, Deep River, Ontario, Canada, K0J 1P0

(please use clear titles in any Email - otherwise messages might
accidentally get put in the SPAM list due to large amount of junk
Email being received. If you don't get an expected reply to any
messages, please try again.)

(Essayez d'utiliser des titres explicites - sans quoi vos messages
pourraient aboutir dans un dossier de rebuts, du fait de la quantite
tres importante de pourriels recue. Si vous n'obtenez pas la reponse
attendue, merci de bien vouloir renvoyer un message.)