Re: Request for IUCr Sponsorship and Financial Support

  • To: harry powell <harry@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
  • Subject: Re: Request for IUCr Sponsorship and Financial Support
  • From: jordi.rius@icmab.es
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:10:42 +0200
  • Cc: compcomm@iucr.org

From:	harry powell <harry@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk>
Subject:	Request for IUCr Sponsorship and Financial Support
Date sent:	Sun, 10 Oct 2010 11:26:22 +0100
To:	"R.W. Grosse-Kunstleve" <RWGrosse-Kunstleve@lbl.gov>,
	Bjoern Winkler <b.winkler@kristall.uni-frankfurt.de>,
	Min Yao <yao@castor.sci.hokudai.ac.jp>,
	"S. Garcia Granda" <sgg@uniovi.es>,
	L Palatinus <palat@fzu.cz>,
	"Graeme M. Day" <gmd27@cam.ac.uk>,
	Elena Boldyreva <boldyrev@nsu.ru>,
	Clare Macrae <macrae@ccdc.cam.ac.uk>

Dear all

Could you have a quick look at this and reply with comments asap? See
also the website

 http://www.crystallography.fr/mathcryst/tokyo2011.php

My view is that this does fall within the remit of CompComm so I
would support it.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: "J. Manuel Perez-Mato" <wmppemam@lg.ehu.es>
> Date: 9 October 2010 18:34:53 BDT
> To: harry@mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
> Subject: [Fwd: Request for IUCr Sponsorship and Financial Support]
>
> Dear Dr. Powell,
>
>         The Subcommittee on the Union Calendar has received an
> application for sponsorship and support of a "Workshop on
> crystallographic
> software" taking place in Tokyo in 2011, organized by the IUCr
> commission on mathematical crystallography (see attached documents
> of the application).
>
>      This sub-committee would like to have also the opinion of the
> commission on crystallographic computing that you chair. I would
> appreciate then that you send me as early as possible, any
> recommendation that this commission may have regarding this demand
> of IUCr support.
>
> The Executive Committee is meeting at the end of the month, and the
> subcommittee needs to reach a decision to be treated at this
> meeting. Therefore I would be very grateful if you could speed up as
> much as possible your response.
>
> with kind regards,
>
> J. Manuel Perez-Mato
>

> --
> J. Manuel Perez-Mato
> Fac. Ciencia y Tecnologia,
> Universidad del Pais Vasco, UPV
> 48080 BILBAO,
> Spain
>
> tel. +34 946012473
> fax. +34 946013500

Prof. Jordi Rius
DPT. OF CRYSTALLOGRAPHY AND SOLID-STATE CHEMISTRY
Institut de Ciencia de Materials de Barcelona, CSIC
Campus de la UAB
08193-Bellaterra (Catalunya, Spain)
Tel: +93 580 18 53
Fax: +93 580 57 29