Re: new CCC term

Dear Ralf, and All,

    Thanks Ralf for taking over

    My opinion for 3 discussion points:

> 1. New name for our satellite meeting: Computing Workshop
 My personal felling is to keep the name of Crystallographic Computing
Schools since
(a)  From my feeling,  many students or young researchers to joint Computing
Schools more easily than the Computing Workshop, and the advantage of
Crystallographic Computing Schools is to provide a place to let young
researchers be able to discuss with senior people.
(b)  Senior people do not join the Crystallographic Computing Schools since
them normaly go to main IUCr meeting not becausece of the name. If
Crystallographic Computing Schools wants let more senior people joint it, it
may be better to make some senior session,so on so on

> 2. Tenative site for the 2014 Computing Workshop: Carleton University,
> Ottawa
It sounds good.

> 3. Time for the workshop: before or after the main IUCr conference?
I would to prefer the Crystallographic Computing School before the
conference. The participants will be heppy if they wnat to join both since
conference taks long time.

Regards,

Min
Min YAO Ph. D (Associate Professor)
Laboratory of X-ray structural biology
Faculty of Advanced Life Science,
Hokkaido University, 060-0810, Sapporo, Japan
Tel:  +81-(0)11-706-4481
Fax:  +81-(0)11-706-4481
Email: yao@castor.sci.hokudai.ac.jp
http://altair.sci.hokudai.ac.jp/g6/index.html