Re: Absolute structure

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: Absolute structure
  • From: Howard Flack <Howard.Flack@cryst.unige.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 15:35:28 +0100 (BST)
BM>  There will now be a flurry of postings as I move
BM> forward on a couple of projects. ... the other is the formal
BM> acceptance of version 2.1 of the core.

  In the attached file you will find my version of the accumulated state
of the modifications to existing data names and new data names following
the group's e-mail discussions concerning absolute structure and
absolute configuration. I needed to put these in order for my own
purposes at ECM-18 and I thought it might just save Brian some work. The
texts are the ones on which there appeared to be agreement with
(a) one extra sentence in the definition of
_refine_ls_abs_structure_Flack
(b) some rewording in _chemical_absolute_configuration implying that for
absolute configuration determination the measurement and reporting of
the optical rotation in solution are considered mandatory.

With my best wishes to you all,
  Howard

--
Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: 41 (22) 702 62 49