Re: Transfer from msCIF: refine_ls_class category

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: Transfer from msCIF: refine_ls_class category
  • From: "I. David Brown" <idbrown@mcmail.cis.McMaster.CA>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:53:46 GMT
Thanks, Brian, for the clarification.  My vote on this is not to make
matters more complicated than necessary.  Thus I would go for the multiple
binning application-dependent code suggestion in your original proposal.
However, Gotzon may feel that something more specific will be needed for
modulated structures, and other dictionaries (e.g. magCIF) may also need
something extra to identify magnetic reflections.  I propose that
we keep the dictionary simple now and add to it if and when we receive
a specific proposal.

			David

Dr.I.David Brown,  Professor Emeritus
Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research,
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Tel: 1-(905)-525-9140 ext 24710
Fax: 1-(905)-521-2773
idbrown@mcmaster.ca