Re: proposal for valence items

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: proposal for valence items
  • From: Howard Flack <Howard.Flack@cryst.unige.ch>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 14:59:44 GMT
Dear David,

> This could take quite a bit
> of time.  Does anyone have suggestions as to good people to approach for
> this topic?

  Gotzon Madariaga knows more than he is really telling.

> I would ask members of the coreDMG to let me have your approval of
> the valence and absolute structure items in the next few weeks.

  I do approve although I never quite remember whether I have a vote on
coreDMG.

> to let me know that
> you are still alive and reading your email.

  I'm reading yours but

>   In section 1 of Absolute Structure and Absolute Configuration. H. D.
> Flack and G. Bernardinelli (1999). Acta Cryst. A55, 908-915.
> http://www.iucr.org/cgi-bin/details/actaa/v55/p908, there is a glossary
> of terms. I would like to see these included in the coreCIF dictionnary.
> Comments please.
>   N.B. What I am asking is for a breakaway in the use of CIF. CIF data
> names will have to be provided for the items in my glossary but
> presumably nobody will ever use them in a real live CIF. They should
> however be used in the definition of other data items within the coreCIF
> dictionnary.

  are you reading mine?

Best wishes,
  H.

--
Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: 41 (22) 702 62 49