Chairmanship of the COMCIFS core Dictionary Maintenance Group

  • To: Distribution list of the IUCr COMCIFS Core Dictionary Maintenance Group <coredmg@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Chairmanship of the COMCIFS core Dictionary Maintenance Group
  • From: David Brown <idbrown@mcmaster.ca>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:49:46 -0500
As I have been responsible for the development of the core CIF dictionary for over twenty years, I have decided that it is time for me to retire as chair of the core CIF Dictionary Maintenance Group.  James Hester, the chair of COMCIFS, has taken on the responsibility of acting chair for this group pending the appointment of a new chair.

It has been an honour and pleasure to serve in this post, though I hope to continue for the foreseeable future assisting with technical aspects of building and revising CIF dictionaries.

David Brown

begin:vcard
fn:I.David Brown
n:Brown;I.David
org:McMaster University;Brockhouse Institute for Materials Research
adr:;;King St. W;Hamilton;Ontario;L8S 4M1;Canada
email;internet:idbrown@mcmaster.ca
title:Professor Emeritus
tel;work:+905 525 9140 x 24710
tel;fax:+905 521 2773