Re: [ddlm-group] New syntax: 'marker' characters

Hi Herbert and colleagues: Herbert has proposed a finer-grained
solution to part of the original problem. One part of the problem I
was addressing was that very large CIF files are not necessarily laid
out in a manner that allows for efficient selective processing.
Herbert's proposal doesn't completely solve this problem, in that one
still needs to parse all preceding parts of the file in order to get
to a particular section.  Herbert's solution does give a performance
boost to those programs that need something from the earlier part of a
datablock, in those cases where someone has adopted the recommended
ordering.

Quite apart from the markers proposal, I think it would be worth
exploring Herbert's proposal further, although I don't understand the
reasons one would need such a fine-grained ordering.