Re: [ddlm-group] Space as a list item separator

Title: Re: [ddlm-group] Space as a list item separator
Timely email, come in just after the one I sent.

My position is if we specify the syntax then we encourage its correct use but acknowledge that there may be cases where one might be able to recover intent. But I wouldn’t encourage those cases.

You could say that token separator in lists are a or b or c, but that just adds a level of complexity for very little gain. The choice of comma makes it seamless to translate from the raw CIF data straight in to most language specific data declaration. The only language I know that accepts one or the other or both is MatLab.

What big advantage to a language is there to specify you can use a comma or whitespace as a token separator? Will you be happy with the first person who interprets this as being ok

loop_
  _severalvalues 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 # these being the 7 values of severalvalues