Re: [ddlm-group] CIF 1.5

Dear Herbert and colleagues,

Little quibble: I wrote 'one more type' rather than 'more than one type'.

Anyway, I suggest that we concentrate on finalising CIF2.0 syntax, then put a draft out for discussion in the broader community, and if there is sufficient feedback to the effect of 'we need an intermediate format', then we can address the issue of CIF1.5.  Addressing it now distracts us from the task of putting CIF2.0 to bed, which we will still need to do in any case.