Re: [ddlm-group] CIF2 Syntax all wrapped up?

I would answer as follows:

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 3:52 AM, Joe Krahn <krahn@niehs.nih.gov> wrote:
There have been no answers for:
1) Are empty tables or lists are valid?

Yes, I have no problem with empty lists and tables being valid.

2) What are the rules for comments within lists and tables?

I would treat them as whitespace

3) What exactly does "implied line joining" mean in the TABLE definition?

It has nothing to do with the other line joining we were talking about and is a complete red herring that Nick has said he will remove.

4) Why require single or double quotes for table index strings, rather
than just follow the normal quoting rules?

No good reason - so let's just follow the normal rules.

Some of these are more technical details compared to the other issues.
These came up while I was working on a big CIF2 regular-expression,
where parsing details have to be considered more carefully.

Actually, it would be rather good if you could post these regular expressions once we have a final specification, as they are likely to be useful to a broad audience.