Re: [ddlm-group] Case sensitivity

If the consensus is lower-case data names, why not make this part of the
CIF2 standard?

My suggestion is that every data name should have a "printed form"
defined in the dictionary. That allows upper-case, spaces, subscripts,
etc. Then, the item name "I_over_sigmaI" can be written as something
like "I / sigma(I)". Maybe some already do this?

With UTF-8 support, names can include non-ASCII characters, such as
Greek letters. If non-ASCII characters are used, it might be good to
have a plain ASCII alias rather than assume that UTF-8 is ubiquitous.

Joe