Re: [ddlm-group] Finalizing DDLm

The operation of option 2 in practice (which I am not advocating) is that an application, when presented with a datafile written with reference to a DDLm dictionary, must re-roll any unrolled loops before interpreting/applying dREL and DDLm.  DDLm thus describes a canonical form, and the IUCr (ie this group) simply adds a line to specify that, although one-line loops can be presented as key-value pairs, the DDLm specification assumes that the datafile has been transformed into this canonical form.

So, it does not involve touching DDLm at all.  The List and Set categories remain inviolate.

Option 3, which does involve touching DDLm because it adds an attribute, simply allows this canonicalisation process to be selective, and is orthogonal to the rest of DDLm.