Re: [ddlm-group] options/text vs binary/end-of-line. .. .. .. .... .. .

At this point I do not object to staying with the CIF1 text specification
which is _not_ ASCII, but text, using ASCII as an unambiguous way to
specify the glyphs being referred to.

Hopefully, in the not too distant future, CIF will be able to upgrade
to Unicode by emulating XML

However, I doubt that the handling of text ever will have a clean final
answer.  There always seems to be some sort of improvement being tried.