From: ddlm-group-bounces@iucr.org [mailto:ddlm-group-bounces@iucr.org] On Behalf Of James Hester
Sent: Monday, October 25, 2010 12:02 AM
To: ddlm-group
Subject: [ddlm-group] Vote on concatenation operator. .

Dear DDLm group members,

It appears that we have exhausted the discussion on the pros and cons of a concatenation operator.  I'd therefore like to call for a vote on the following:

"That a datavalue concatenation operator be added to the CIF2 syntax.  The concatenation operator shall be a single underscore, placed between the two datavalues to be concatenated and separated from each of them by whitespace.  The concatenation operator may only be used to concatenate delimited datavalues."

James.

Email Disclaimer: www.stjude.org/emaildisclaimer