From: ddlm-group-bounces@iucr.org [mailto:ddlm-group-bounces@iucr.org] On Behalf Of SIMON WESTRIP
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 12:07 PM
To: Group finalising DDLm and associated dictionaries
Subject: Re: [ddlm-group] Characterset of non-delimited strings insidecompou nd data items. .. .

If the brackets in these constructs are treated as delimiters (though 'nestable' unlike the other delimiters), then perhaps both the opening and closing delimiter
should be separated from a preceding/subsequent value (or 'parent' value) by whitespace. Afterall, the brackets delimit a *value*, even if that value is made up of other
values? To me this seems quite logical (and actually allows a fairly simple description of the syntax at a lexical level in terms of delimited and non-delimited
'strings' separated by whitespace), but I suspect this will not be received favourably :-)

Cheers

Simon