Re: [ddlm-group] Objectives of CIF2 syntax discussion. .. .. .. .. .

Dear John B.

   You seem to have agreed to everything except calling the necessary
addition tag a tag_style.  You want to call it a virtual_dictionary_id.
If the others agree with you on that naming change, I can live with that.
That leaves the only point of disagreement your idea of overloading that
concept onto the dictionary_uri. I object to that as being pointlessly
confusing, but if a majority prefers to overload a virtual_dictionary_id
which is simply a text string onto the URI type, I'll accept that.  I need
the functionality.  It everybody else want to call the relevant tag by
some other name, I can cope, but I really want a recorded vote on this.
I am hoping a majority will prefer clarity.

So we now have two small points to vote on:

1.  Should the new tag be
   _alias.tag_style
or
   _alias.virtual_dictionary_id

2.  Instead of one of the above two tags, such the
   _alias.dictionary_uri
be overloaded with the non-URI use of the above
two tags?

Regards,
   Herbert