Re: [ddlm-group] DDLm aliases (subject changed). .. .. .

Except for not changing Yes to No on the parent joint issue,
here is a revised version of the suggested DDLm changes incorporating
John B.'s revisions.   The _dictionary_xref.format Tag vs. Code
issue needs to be settled.  Pleas review.  Comments, corrections and
suggestions much appreciated.

   Regards,
     Herbert

save_definition.xref_code
      _definition.id             '_definition.xref_code'
      _definition.update           2011-01-26
      _definition.class            Attribute
      _description.text
;
       Code identifying the equivalent definition in the dictionary
       referenced by the DICTIONARY_XREF attributes.

       Use of _definition.xref_code is deprecated in favor of
       use of _alias.xref_code
;
      _name.category_id            definition
      _name.object_id              xref_code
      _type.purpose                Identify
      _type.container              Single
      _type.contents               Code
       save_

save_ALIAS

      _definition.id               alias
      _definition.scope            Category
      _definition.class            List
      _definition.update           2011-01-26
      _description.text
;
       The attributes used to specify the aliased names of definitions.
       Every tag has an implicit alias to itself with a null
       _alias.xref_code to allow use of the primary tag in
       the ALIAS_ENSEMBLE category.
;
      _category.parent_id          ddl_attr
      _category_key.primitive      ['_alias.definition_id',
                                    '_alias.xref_code']
       save_

save_alias.definition_id
      _definition.id             '_alias.definition_id'
      _definition.class            Attribute
      _definition.update           2006-11-16
      _description.text
;
       Identifier tag of an aliased definition.
;
      _name.category_id            alias
      _name.object_id              definition_id
      _type.purpose                Key
      _type.container              Single
      _type.contents               Tag
       save_

save_alias.deprecated
      _definition.id             '_alias.deprecated'
      _definition.class            Attribute
      _definition.update           2006-11-16
      _description.text
;
       Specifies whether use of the alias is deprecated
;
      _name.category_id            alias
      _name.object_id              definition_id
      _type.purpose                STATE
      _type.container              Single
      _type.contents               YesorNo
      _enumeration.default         No
       save_

save_alias.dictionary_uri
      _definition.id             '_alias.dictionary_uri'
      _definition.update           2011-01-26
      _definition.class            Attribute
      _description.text
;
       Dictionary URI in which the aliased definition belongs.
       _alias.dictionary_uri is deprecated in favor if
       _alias.xref_code
;
      _name.category_id            alias
      _name.object_id              dictionary_uri
      _type.purpose                Identify
      _type.container              Single
      _type.contents               Uri
       save_

save_alias.xref_code
      _definition.id             '_alias.xref_code'
      _definition.update           2011-01-26
      _definition.class            Attribute
      _description.text
;
       Code identifying the dictionary containing the primary
       definition of the dictionary as given in the
       DICTIONARY_XREF category.

;
      _name.category_id            definition
      _name.object_id              xref_code
      _name.linked_item_id         '_dictionary_xref.code'
      _type.purpose                Key
      _type.container              Single
      _type.contents               Code
       save_

save_ENSEMBLE

    _definition.id      ensemble
    _definition.scope   Category
    _definition.class   List
    _definition.update  2011-01-26
;
     Data items used to describe the ensemble identifiers
     used in this dictionary.  Data items in this category
     are NOT used as attributes of individual data items.

     See linked item _alias_ensemble.ensemble_id.
;
     _category.parent_id ddl_attr
     _category_key.generic  '_ensemble.id'

     save_

save_ensemble.id
      _definition.id   '_ensemble.id'
      _definition.class  Attribute
      _definition.update 2011-01-26
      _description.text
;
      A code identifying an ensemble of related tags.
      To help ensure that dictionaries can be merged,
      each code should either begin with an IUCr-registered
      prefix or, if not prefixed, have been approved
      by COMCIFS.  The special prefix 'local_' may be
      use for purely internal purposes of an organization.
;
      _name.category_id ensemble
      _name.object_id   code
      _type.purpose     Key
      _type.container   Single
      _type.contents    Code

     save_

save_ensemble.description
      _definition.id   '_ensemble.description'
      _definition.class  Attribute
      _definition.update 2011-01-26
      _description.text
;
      A description of the ensemble
;
      _name.category_id ensemble
      _name.object_id   code
      _type.purpose     Describe
      _type.container   Single
      _type.contents    Text

     save_

save_ALIAS_ENSEMBLE

     _definition.id      alias_ensemble
     _definition.scope   Category
     _definition.class   List
     _definition.update  2011-01-27
;
      The attributes used to specify the ensemble of
      tags to which a given tag belong.

      A given tag may belong to multiple ensembles
      and may be cited against multiple dictionaries.

      Note that _alias_ensemble.ensemble_id is a compoent
      of the key of ALIAS_ENSEMBLE.  If the denormalized
      join presentation is used to bring the object
      id's of this child category up into the parent
      ALIAS category, then _alias.ensemble_id will
      we used as an implicit addition to the key of
      the denormalized ALIAS category.

;
     _category.parent_id  alias
     _category.parent_join  Yes
     _category_key.primitive  ['_alias_ensemble.ensemble_id',
                               '_alias_ensemble.definition_id',
                               '_alias_ensemble.xref_code']
      save_

save_alias_ensemble.definition_id
      _definition.id   '_alias_ensemble.definition_id'
      _definition.class  Attribute
      _definition.update 2011-01-27
      _description.text
;
      Together with _alias_ensemble.xref_code, identifies
      an alias belonging to an ensemble.  An alias may
      belong to any number of ensembles, including zero.

;
      _name.category_id alias_ensemble
      _name.object_id   definition_id
      _name.linked_item_id  '_alias.definition_id'
      _type.purpose     Key
      _type.container   Single
      _type.contents    Tag
       save_

save_alias_ensemble.ensemble_id
      _definition.id   '_alias_ensemble.ensemble_id'
      _definition.class  Attribute
      _definition.update 2011-01-27
      _description.text
;
      Identifies an ensemble to which the alias
      identified by _alias_ensemble.definition_id
      and _alias_ensemble.xref_code ) belongs.

      A pointer to _ensemble.id
;
      _name.category_id alias_ensemble
      _name.object_id   code
      _name.linked_item_id  '_ensemble.id'
      _type.purpose     Key
      _type.container   Single
      _type.contents    Code

     save_

save_alias_ensemble.xref_code
      _definition.id   '_alias_ensemble.xref_code'
      _definition.class  Attribute
      _definition.update 2011-01-21
      _description.text
;
      A code identifying the actual dictionary,
      virtual dictionary or other logical grouping
      to which the identifier tag belongs.
;