Re: [ddlm-group] DDLm aliases (subject changed). .. .. .. .. .. .

Dear Colleagues,

>If it affects the logic that my programs must perform to correctly
>validate a CIF, including a dictionary CIF, then it is a technical
>issue.  If I can make a valid technical argument favoring one
>position, then it is a technical issue.  It becomes a matter of
>taste only if we make a technical decision that it should be so.
>Herbert clearly prefers that we make such a decision, but he is not
>empowered to declare it made.

   I have been trying to find out what the consensus decision is,
but I not only can declare a decision to be made with respect to my own
work, I have to do so.  Whether the result then is part of CIF or part
of something else (call it "yaxdf") is then a matter for future
consideration.  I have a new grant I need to get moving on.  I would
rather that the work I am doing be well-coordinated with CIF.  I
have been trying.  Unfortunately, we don't seem to be making progress.
So, my fallback is to simply do the work I need to do with prefixed
tags and show you the results in Madrid.  I hope you will like the
results and adopt them for CIF.  Perhaps you won't and will decide
to do something different for CIF.  Perhaps the results will be
a disaster and I will try something different myself, but I'll
never know if this is a good idea, a bad idea or something in between
unless until and unless I work it through with software and
examples.

   I'll post the prefixed-tag version that I will be starting with
to this list sometime soon for your information.

   Regards,
     Herbert