Re: [ddlm-group] Fwd: Fwd: Searching for a compromise on eliding.. . .

The prudent thing to do is to double every backslash you want taken
verbatim, whether it is at the end of a line or not.  One nice aspect
of P and P-prime is that you get in the habit of eliding the quote
marks as well, as in

"""This is an example of \"\"\"treble quoting\"\"\""""

even though

"""This is an example of \"""treble quoting""\""""

is sufficient.  It keeps your visual clues more local.  I would suggest
that those considering the merits of P and P-prime versus G and F', consider
that in GP, the above would appear in F' as

"""This is an example of ""\
"treble quoting""\
"\
"""

and the similar G statement would be

``This is an example of `\
`G quoting`\
`\
``

which seems somewhat less clear than the more Pythonesque P, P-prime and
F one-liners