Re: [ddlm-group] The Grazulis eliding proposal: how to incorporateinto CIF?. .. .

On Tuesday, June 28, 2011 9:07 AM, Herbert J. Bernstein wrote:

>   I do not believe it is appropriate to add major changes in
>parsing to CIF1 at this time, so whatever happens with the
>prefix proposal, I would urge that both the line folding
>protocol and the prefix protocol be (optional) semantic
>features for CIF1 files.

My understanding was that we were considering the Grazulis proposal only for CIF 2.  Lest there be any ambiguity, I clarify that I am in favor of adding it only to CIF 2, not to CIF 1.1.  My earlier comments about CIF 1.1 data types were aimed at the question of backwards compatibility, not at actually incorporating Grazulis into CIF 1.1.

Regards,

John