Re: IUCr Policy on the Creation and Management of Discussion Lists

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <epc-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: IUCr Policy on the Creation and Management of Discussion Lists
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:20:28 GMT
> In http://www.iucr.org/iucr-top/lists/policy.html you will find (or will
> very soon find depending on what Brian is doing this Friday afternon),

I was drinking beer in a Prague pub on Friday afternoon (strictly on IUCr
business I hasten to add), so I've only managed to install this page today.

(I don't know whether Prague has cybercafes - we did notice a "Restaurant
Internet", but I think that refers to international cuisine.)

> the web version of the "Policy on the Creation and Management of
> Discussion Lists" dated 23rd Jan. 1998.

The version currently in place is dated 25 January, and contains the
following minor changes:

"The printed quarterly newsletter Crystallography News" has been replaced by
"The printed quarterly IUCr Newsletter" to reflect its correct title;
"Should a conflict of grievance subsist" has been changed to "...persist",
and there are a couple of capitalizations and unsplitting of infinitives.

I am happy with the content of this document (we might fine-tune it with the
fruits of experience), and am ready to bring the lists service on-line when
given the green light.

Regards