Supplementary material archive

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <epc-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Supplementary material archive
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 09:23:13 +0100 (BST)
Dear All

We are working towards providing a service of all-electronic access to the
supplementary materials associated with papers published in the IUCr
journals. In due course the complete electronic journal will have all
associated materials stored alongside the paper itself, and the
supplementary documents will be served up through the proposed Published
Items Database.

For now, however, a locator script is in place which applies heuristics to
locate the supplementaries associated with a paper; this seems to have been
working sufficiently well on an experimental basis that we have now promoted
it to a full service. I have placed a link on the home page of each journal
to "Retrieve supplementary data", and there is in addition a form with this
function embedded in each journal contents listing page. The Acta C contents
page includes this alongside a reworked form for accessing CIF-Access Papers
through their DVN codes.

Please let me have any feedback, from your own use of the utility or from
authors.

Slainte