Archive Policy of the IUCr

There is a revised version of the draft discussion document on the
   Archive Policy of the IUCr
available at:
    http://crystsun1.unige.ch/ahdf/archive.ver02.html

The previous version is at
http://crystsun1.unige.ch/ahdf/archive.ver01.html
All comments to the list please.

  I've tried very hard to abide by the OAIS definition of terms. What
AIP means by archive is not what OAIS means by archive so you have to be
very careful. The OAIS defines
Archive: An organization that intends to preserve information for access
and use by a designated community.
  The crucial points are "preserve" and "access".

  Could you all put your thinking caps on and give your comments on the
policy content of this document to the epc-l by 'replying' to this
e-mail. The English language experts in Chester might also try to polish
the form of the text. I shall not be in Nancy for the ECM but it would
be a very good idea if someone could take along our finalised document
for presentation and explanation to the executive.

Thanks for your help,
 H.

--
Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: 41 (22) 702 62 49