[Fwd: Munich Meeting Report]

--Boundary_(ID_crHvAP0JyE1m6Cr3kWJvsw)

Dear Peter,

  Please note the dates of the ICSTI AGM in Stockholm. I am counting on
you volonteering to go. The content of the one day conference open to
the public is being worked out by Marie Wallin, Claus Montenon (EPS
representative and professor of theoretical physics in Helsinki). If
Montenon gets his way there will be presentations and discussions on
current activities by scientists to have cheap (free) scientific
publications and the role and viability of such services as PubMed
Central.

 The winter meeting in Paris in Jan/Feb is most likely to be centred
around digital preservation and to be coupled with something organized
by ICSU Press (Roger Elliot) on scientists expectations of scientific
publications.

 As a member of ICSTI will we receive an invitation to go to the
presentation at the Royal Society's premises in London of the results of
the ingenta study on subscriptions vs document delivery. The dates are
in the report by Mahon on the Munich meeting.

Best wishes,
  Howard

 cc all the cep, so I post it to the list.

--
Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: +41 22 702 62 49

--Boundary_(ID_crHvAP0JyE1m6Cr3kWJvsw)