Re: [Fwd: June news]

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <epc-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Fwd: June news]
  • From: Brian McMahon <bm@iucr.org>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 11:01:24 +0100 (BST)
>>  Howard- I've never neen able to read these mime messages.
>
>   Yves has the same problem. I think its due to the list server
> software.

Yes, though I think it has also to do with the specific form of the headers
that the Sun mailer uses to annotate attachments - some other types of
attachment seem to be handled OK. For various reasons, it's not worth my
spending too much time at the moment trying to track down a specific fix for
this - it would be better to look for a much newer list server program.

>> Any idea what I
>> need to do to be able to decode them?
>
>   You need to do nothing. I need to remember that when there is a *.doc
> file to forward to the list, I'll also send it to you directly. In any
> case that's what I do for Yves. You just have to remember to trash the
> version you can not read and read the version you can decode.

Howard, try this: instead of "Forward"ing such a message as an attachment,
"Bounce" it instead. In this way it will appear to the mail system as if it
were the original message, i.e. not as a Sun-flavoured attachment. I think
Sun mailtool supports "bounce"; if not, mutt certainly does.