Re: Regional editors for WDC

Yes it is good news to that all the Regional Editors have been
appointed.

I guess all of us will have seen Brian's message in the newsgroup the
other day which Simon copied into Whats New as well. Here is what it
said:

> A major new update to the World Database of Crystallographers will soon
> be undertaken by the International Union of Crystallography. Full
> instructions on updating entries will be sent by email to existing entrants
> in the next few weeks. If you have an entry in the current directory,
> then to ensure that you receive these instructions please
> check that your current email address is correct in the online
> edition at http://wdc.iucr.org.
>
> If your email address as listed is incorrect, please send details of the
> correct address to wdc-newemail@iucr.org.

  I don't remember seeing this message filter through from the
distribution lists of the BCA or the AFC as yet although I hope that
Brian's message was distributed to these people amongst others. I sent
the message to the Newsletter editor of the SGK (Swiss Society) and it
will appear in the next issue. Some of the other distribution lists
(e.g. Rietveld, SAS, anl, etc) might be a very good target as well.

  Whilst I'm nagging, I'm glad to see that with the introduction of the
new update a specific URL has been attributed to WDC (wdc.iucr.org).
Poor old news.online@iucr.org will have to correct the out of date URLs
in /cww-top not to mention someone else doing those in /iucr-top !

Have fun,
 H.
--
VISITING GENEVA? See http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/geneva02.html

Howard Flack        http://www.unige.ch/crystal/ahdf/Howard.Flack.html
Laboratoire de Cristallographie               Phone: +41 22 702 62 49
24 quai Ernest-Ansermet             mailto:Howard.Flack@cryst.unige.ch
CH-1211 Geneva 4, Switzerland                   Fax: +41 22 702 61 08