ICSTI: EBSCO buys RoweCom, Divine exits

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <epc-l@iucr.org>
  • Subject: ICSTI: EBSCO buys RoweCom, Divine exits
  • From: Pete Strickland <ps@iucr.org>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 11:38:18 GMT

Subject: EBSCO buys RoweCom, Divine exits
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:00:05 -0000
From: Barry Mahon <mahons1@EIRCOM.NET>
To: ICSTI-L@DTIC.MIL

>From NFAIS, for those of you who don't get their electronic news.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE; FROM: Regina Kennamer
Corporate Communications, (205) 981-5145
email: rkennamer@ebsco.com

EBSCO Industries Confirms Intention to Acquire Operations of RoweCom Europe

BIRMINGHAM, Ala., U.S.A. -  EBSCO Industries Inc. today has confirmed that it
has signed a letter of intent to acquire the European operations of RoweCom,
Inc., a subsidiary of divine, inc., a leading provider of solutions for the
 extended enterprise.

EBSCO and divine are proceeding with the definitive purchase agreement.
The transaction requires French regulatory approval.

"Adding a major European agency to our existing business will enable us to
strengthen our global activities," said F. Dixon Brooke Jr., vice president
 and division general manager of EBSCO Subscription Services. "EBSCO already
 has a major presence in Europe and this acquisition only solidifies the
 amount of customer service and support we can bring our customers
 worldwide."

The European operations of RoweCom service primarily customers in located
in Europe and have offices in France, the U.K. and Spain.

Also, today, divine announced its intention to exit the content subscription
business as it streamlines the organization to focus on three solution areas:
 Web, Content and Collaboration Solutions; Customer Interaction Solutions;
 and Managed Services and Infrastructure Solutions.

Best wishes

Peter Strickland
Managing Editor
IUCr Journals

IUCr Editorial Office, 5 Abbey Square, Chester CH1 2HU, England
Phone: 44 1244 342878   Fax: 44 1244 314888   Email: ps@iucr.org
Ftp: ftp.iucr.org   WWW: http://journals.iucr.org/

NEWSFLASH: Complete text of all IUCr journals back to 1948
now online! Visit Crystallography Journals Online for more details