[Fwd: Inorganica Chimica Acta (2006) 359: 383-387]

  • To: epc@iucr.org
  • Subject: [Fwd: Inorganica Chimica Acta (2006) 359: 383-387]
  • From: Howard Flack <Crystal@Flack.ch>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 08:35:40 +0100
I had not realized that there were commercial services for improving the
written English in scientific manuscripts.  Perhaps editors of IUCr
journals could send a list of such services to authors whose English is
so bad that the paper is deemed unfit to be sent to referees.

Why did journalexperts.com pick on me?  Are they trying to tell me that
my science is not too bad but my English is dreadful?  In any case that
is what they kept telling me at school!  Its funny because they used to
say the same thing to Dieter about his German (of course it was a
different school).

Season's Greetings,
   H.

Dear Dr. Flack,

One of the graduate students working with American Journal Experts has recently read your article "Centrosymmetric crystal structures described as non-centrosymmetric: An analysis of reports in Inorganica Chimica Acta" in Inorganica Chimica Acta. He found your paper while reading the literature for his field, and was impressed by the quality of the research and the thought behind your article. He suggested we contact you because you published from a country where English is not the primary spoken language. As you may know, language mistakes are commonly found in manuscripts written by non-native English speaking authors, and these mistakes often distract the reader from otherwise excellent research. We are contacting both people who may benefit from our service and those who commonly interact with non-native English speakers. Perhaps you or one of your colleagues may benefit from the service we provide.

American Journal Experts is trying to help foreign researchers publish their work in the best journals possible and to remove the barriers researchers around the world face in communicating their ideas to an English speaking audience. We are an association of Ph.D. graduate students from America's Top 10 Research Universities who will read and edit your research for publishing to English language audiences. Please visit us online to learn more at http://www.journalexperts.com. We look forward to helping you reach your research and publishing goals.

Best Regards,

American Journal Experts

www.journalexperts.com