Electronic Publishing committee

Gentlemen:

   I have received  a message from the President of the IUCr concerning
the EPC.  Here are the relevant sections.

> At its meeting in March 2009 the Finance Committee and Chester staff agreed with your comments about the future of the Committee on Electronic Publishing, Dissemination and Storage of Information and recommended that the Executive Committee should consider ending this Committee, if no suitable candidate for Chair could be found.
>
> I am writing to inform you that the Executive Committee agreed that this Committee had accomplished its main goals and therefore should be closed.

   I would like to thank you all for your participation in the work of
the committee over the nine years for which I was the chairman.

   If by any chance any of you have any information concerning Lachlan,
I would appreciate being informed.  I received an alarming message from
the BCA informing me that he had disappeared without trace.

H.