NOBUGS 2002 Abstract submission extension to 20 Sept

  • To: Multiple recipients of list <sa_scat@iucr.org>
  • Subject: NOBUGS 2002 Abstract submission extension to 20 Sept
  • From: JDB Science LLc <jdbsci@speakeasy.org>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 19:30:59 +0100 (BST)
The NOBUGS 2002 organizers, in an effort to broaden participation, have
extended the abstract submission deadline to 20 September.

At the present time NOBUGS 2002 has 45 submitted abstracts and 36
registered participants. Now that summer vacations are behind us, we need
to focus on making this meeting realize its full potential. We need to
see a lot more people coming to learn, not just to present.

NOBUGS meetings are a unique opportunity for those who actually make user
facilities function to share the wheels that they have invented. Indeed,
NOBUGS may be only place where we learn the "how" of the experiments as
opposed to the "what" or "why".

We would especially like to see more end users attend this meeting.
Programming experiments becomes a very sterile exercise without feedback
from those who use the programs.

The NIST venue has ample space for everyone. We have arranged for
accomodations and activities that should allow everyone a comfortable and
enjoyable meeting at at very modest price.

Please visit <http://webster.ncnr.nist.gov/events/nobugs2002/> to get
full particulars on the meeting. Please e-mail me at jdbsci@speakeasy.org
if you have any difficulty navigating the registration or abstract
submission procedures.

Thank You

Przemek Klosowski
John D. Barnes

--
Dr. John D. Barnes            phone: 301-652-0667
JDB Science, LLC              email: jdbsci@speakeasy.org

"Time is fun when you are having flies." - Kermit the Frog