  From: Rosemary Wilson [mailto:r.wilson@embl-hamburg.de]
To: sa_scat@iucr.org
Sent: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 15:29:53 +0100
Subject: [SA_scat] Call for access to Synchrotron Beamline Facilities 2013 - EMBL Hamburg, , Germany

Call for access to Synchrotron Beamline Facilities 2013 - EMBL Hamburg,
Germany

Dear Colleagues,

We announce a call for synchrotron beam time applications in biological
small-angle scattering (SAXS) and macromolecular crystallography (MX).
The beamtime will be available at the PETRA-III storage ring from
March, 1st, 2013 to June, 30th, 2013.

In biological SAXS, we offer access to an undulator beamline P12.
Part of the beamtime will be available for soft condensed matter
applications through a Collaborative Research Group model in partnership
with the Helmholtz Zentrum Geesthacht.

In MX, access to the two undulator beamlines P13 and P14 is offered.

Electronic beam proposal forms and a detailed description of the
beamlines are available at

http://www.embl-hamburg.de/facilities/access_infrastructures/index.html

The deadline for submission of proposals is January, 20th, 2013.
An external Project Evaluation Committee will assess the proposals.

Access to the EMBL Hamburg facilities will in part be supported by the
European Commission, Research Infrastructure Action under the FP7
project BioStruct-X (http://www.biostruct-x.eu/).

Users that are interested in assistance with crystallization, sample
preparation and
characterization (SPC, also in combination with SAXS measurements) are
encouraged to
apply to the Biostruct-X support at

http://www.biostruct-x.eu/content/embl-hamburg-protein-production-and-htx

For further information
tel. +49 40-89902-111
saxs@embl-hamburg.de (SAXS)
mx@embl-hamburg.de (MX)
spc@embl-hamburg.de (SPC)

--
Dr. Rosemary Wilson
Scientific Training and Public Relations Officer

EMBL c/o DESY
Notkestrasse 85, Building 25a
22603 Hamburg
Germany