[SA_scat] Job availability at NIMS for post-docs wanting to doindependent research

Dear Scatterers,

There are a few positions available for "young" post-docs at the International Center for Young Scientists (ICYS) at the National Institute of Materials Science (NIMS) in Tsukuba, Japan. Post-doctoral researchers who obtained their Ph.D. less than 10 years ago can apply with a 2-3 year project plan of their own choosing. The deadline for application is March 29 (Japanese time). These positions are regularly available.

For example, I myself am in this program, and I am using it to further develop Monte Carlo methods for nanostructural characterisation with SAXS. The salary is very good, and you are given a yearly base budget of about 20.000 EUR which you can supplement if needed with one of the many other available funds.

For the interested, I wrote down some more details at this address:
http://www.lookingatnothing.com/?p=679

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Cheers,

Brian.
--
Dr. ir. Brian R. Pauw,