[SA_scat] Postdoctoral position available @ EMBL-Hamburg, SAXS

Dear All,

I would like to inform you that a postdoctoral position is available at
the EMBL Hamburg Unit in the research group of Dmitri Svergun.
I attach a brief description of the Vacancy Notice below. Deadline for
application is 31st August 2013.
Detailed information can be found under :
http://ig14.i-grasp.com//fe/tpl_embl01.asp?newms=jj&id=51531&aid=15470
<http://ig14.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_embl01.asp?newms=jj&id=51531&aid=15470>

*Postdoctoral Positon, Reference HH_00046*

Applications are invited for a postdoctoral position in computational
methods development for biological SAXS in the BioSAXS group
<http://www.embl-hamburg.de/research/unit/svergun/index.html>.The
position is funded by *BioStruct-X*, an integrated project within the
Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Commission
(www.biostruct-x.eu <http://www.biostruct-x.eu>).

The fellow will participate in the design of an automated data analysis
system to construct and validate structural models from solution
scattering data. The developments envisage hybrid applications of SAXS
with other structural, biophysical and computational methods, including
MX, NMR, electron microscopy and bioinformatic approaches.

The candidate should have a PhD in physics, mathematics or biology and
knowledge in computational and numerical methods. Experience in the use
of programming languages (Fortran, C/C++ and/or Python) is essential. We
specifically welcome applicants with background in computational
crystallography, NMR, electron microscopy and/or bioinformatics. Good
communication skills and the ability to collaborate with international
teams are required.

on behalf of Dmitri Svergun

Margret Fischer