SNS User Meeting

  • Subject: SNS User Meeting
  • From: "John D. Barnes" <john.barnes@nist.gov>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 11:19:14 -0400

Sender: Jinkui Zhao <zhaoj@ornl.gov>

Dear all,

The next SNS user meeting will be held between May 22-24, 2000 at the
Renaissance Hotel, 999 9th Street NW, in Washington DC. One of the main
foci of the meeting is to make a scientific case for a Long Wavelength
Target Station to go in NSF. Since SANS is one of the instruments which
will be suited for the LWTS and the needs of the SANS community have be
served,  I urge all of you to attend and to express your needs.

Limited travel support will be available for those who need it (i.e.
those who otherwise can't attend).  The meeting info can be found at

http://webworks1.cind.ornl.gov/snsreg/

You should register on the web. For travel support, please also send an
email
to Joyce W. Shepherd (shepherdjw@sns.gov), our user coodinator.  You
should
also state whether you need full support in your request.

If you are interested in the attending, please reserve a room at the
conference
hotel AS SOON AS possible. (I believe the deadline for conference rate of
~ $120 is next week. After that the rate is very high)

This is also an good opertunity to send your postdocs/students to the
world!
Please encourage them to attend!

JK

--
  JK (Jinkui) Zhao
  SNS/Solid State, Mail Stop 6393

Dr. John D. Barnes               email: john.barnes@nist.gov
Natl Inst of Stds and Tech       Voice: 301-975-6786
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8544        FAX: 301-975-4977
Gaithersburg, MD 20899             URL: http://www.nist.gov/sas